Scrabble word: INTONATION
In which Scrabble dictionary does INTONATION exist?
Definitions of INTONATION in dictionaries:
- noun - rise and fall of the voice pitch
- noun - singing by a soloist of the opening piece of plainsong
- noun - the act of singing in a monotonous tone
- noun - the production of musical tones (by voice or instrument)
- The act of intoning or chanting.
- An intoned utterance.
- A manner of producing or uttering tones, especially with regard to accuracy of pitch.
- The use of changing pitch to convey syntactic information: a questioning intonation.
- A use of pitch characteristic of a speaker or dialect: “He could hear authority, the old parish intonation coming back into his voice” (Graham Greene).
- The opening phrase of a plainsong composition sung as a solo part.