Scrabble word: INFECTION
In which Scrabble dictionary does INFECTION exist?
Definitions of INFECTION in dictionaries:
- noun - the pathological state resulting from the invasion of the body by pathogenic microorganisms
- noun - (phonetics) the alteration of a speech sound under the influence of a neighboring sound
- noun - (medicine) the invasion of the body by pathogenic microorganisms and their multiplication which can lead to tissue damage and disease
- noun - an incident in which an infectious disease is transmitted
- noun - the communication of an attitude or emotional state among a number of people
- noun - moral corruption or contamination
- noun - (international law) illegality that taints or contaminates a ship or cargo rendering it liable to seizure
- Invasion by and multiplication of pathogenic microorganisms in a bodily part or tissue, which may produce subsequent tissue injury and progress to overt disease through a variety of cellular or toxic mechanisms.
- An instance of being infected.
- An agent or a contaminated substance responsible for one’s becoming infected.
- The pathological state resulting from having been infected.
- An infectious disease.
- Moral contamination or corruption.
- Ready communication of an emotion or attitude by contact or example.