Scrabble word: INDULGENCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does INDULGENCE exist?
Definitions of INDULGENCE in dictionaries:
- noun - an inability to resist the gratification of whims and desires
- noun - a disposition to yield to the wishes of someone
- noun - the act of indulging or gratifying a desire
- noun - foolish or senseless behavior
- noun - the remission by the pope of the temporal punishment in purgatory that is still due for sins even after absolution
- The act or an instance of indulging; gratification: indulgence of every whim.
- The state of being indulgent.
- The act of indulging in something: indulgence in irresponsible behavior.
- Something indulged in: Sports cars are an expensive indulgence.
- Liberal or lenient treatment; tolerance: treated their grandchildren with fond indulgence.
- Self-indulgence: a life of wealth and indulgence.
- Something granted as a favor or privilege.
- Permission to extend the time of payment or performance.
- Patient attention: I beg your indulgence for just a few minutes.
- The remission of temporal punishment still due for a sin that has been sacramentally absolved.