Scrabble word: INDEPENDENT
In which Scrabble dictionary does INDEPENDENT exist?
Definitions of INDEPENDENT in dictionaries:
- noun - a neutral or uncommitted person (especially in politics)
- noun - a writer or artist who sells services to different employers without a long-term contract with any of them
- adj - free from external control and constraint
- adj - (of political bodies) not controlled by outside forces
- adj - (of a clause) capable of standing syntactically alone as a complete sentence
- adj - not controlled by a party or interest group
- Not governed by a foreign power; self-governing.
- Free from the influence, guidance, or control of another or others; self-reliant: an independent mind.
- Not determined or influenced by someone or something else; not contingent: a decision independent of the outcome of the study.
- Often Independent.
- Not dependent on or affiliated with a larger or controlling group or system: an independent food store.
- Not relying on others for support, care, or funds; self-supporting.
- Providing or being sufficient income to enable one to live without working: a person of independent means.
- Not dependent on other variables.
- Of or relating to a system of equations no one of which can be derived from another equation in the system.
- A Congregationalist.