Scrabble word: INCUBATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does INCUBATE exist?
Definitions of INCUBATE in dictionaries:
- verb - grow under conditions that promote development
- verb - sit on (eggs)
- To sit on (eggs) to provide heat, so as to promote embryonic development and the hatching of young; brood.
- To maintain (eggs, organisms, or living tissue) at optimal environmental conditions for growth and development.
- To maintain (a chemical or biochemical system) under specific conditions in order to promote a particular reaction.
- To form or consider slowly and protectively, as if hatching: incubated the idea for a while, then announced it.
- To brood eggs.
- To develop and hatch.
- To undergo incubation.
- verb - to warm eggs for hatching