Scrabble word: INCLINE
In which Scrabble dictionary does INCLINE exist?
Definitions of INCLINE in dictionaries:
- noun - an elevated geological formation
- noun - an inclined surface connecting two levels
- verb - have a tendency or disposition to do or be something
- verb - bend or turn (one's ear) towards a speaker in order to listen well
- verb - lower or bend (the head or upper body), as in a nod or bow
- verb - be at an angle
- verb - feel favorably disposed or willing
- verb - make receptive or willing towards an action or attitude or belief
- To deviate from the horizontal or vertical; slant.
- To be disposed to a certain preference, opinion, or course of action.
- To lower or bend the head or body, as in a nod or bow.
- To cause to lean, slant, or slope.
- To influence to have a certain tendency; dispose: Recent events incline us to distrust all politicians.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to influence or be influenced toward a particular attitude or course of action”: wasn’t inclined to believe the excuse; is unjustly biased in her favor; an accomplishment that disposes us to admire him; isn’t predisposed to the study of history.
- verb - to deviate from the horizontal or vertical