Scrabble word: HOMOLOGOUS
In which Scrabble dictionary does HOMOLOGOUS exist?
Definitions of HOMOLOGOUS in dictionaries:
- adj - having the same evolutionary origin but not necessarily the same function
- adj - corresponding or similar in position or structure or function or characteristics
- Corresponding or similar in position, value, structure, or function.
- Similar in structure and evolutionary origin, though not necessarily in function, as the flippers of a seal and the hands of a human being.
- Relating to the correspondence between an antigen and the antibody produced in response to it.
- Belonging to or being a series of organic compounds each successive member of which differs from the preceding member by a constant increment, especially by an added CH2 group.