Scrabble word: GRAPPLE
In which Scrabble dictionary does GRAPPLE exist?
Definitions of GRAPPLE in dictionaries:
- noun - a tool consisting of several hooks for grasping and holding
- noun - a dredging bucket with hinges like the shell of a clam
- noun - the act of engaging in close hand-to-hand combat
- verb - come to terms with
- verb - to grip or seize, as in a wrestling match
- An iron shaft with claws at one end, usually thrown by a rope and used for grasping and holding, especially one for drawing and holding an enemy ship alongside.
- See grapnel (n.
- The act of grappling.
- A contest in which the participants attempt to clutch or grip each other.
- A grasp or grip in such a contest.
- To seize and hold, as with a grapple.
- To seize firmly, as with the hands.
- To hold onto something with or as if with a grapple.
- To use a grapple or similar device, as for dragging.
- To struggle, in or as if in wrestling: grappled with their consciences; grapple with the political realities of our time.
- verb - to struggle or contend