Scrabble word: FLASHBACK
In which Scrabble dictionary does FLASHBACK exist?
Definitions of FLASHBACK in dictionaries:
- noun - a transition (in literary or theatrical works or films) to an earlier event or scene that interrupts the normal chronological development of the story
- noun - an unexpected but vivid recurrence of a past experience (especially a recurrence of the effects of an hallucinogenic drug taken much earlier)
- A literary or cinematic device in which an earlier event is inserted into the normal chronological order of a narrative.
- The episode or scene depicted by means of this device.
- An unexpected recurrence of the effects of a hallucinogenic drug long after its original use.
- A recurring, intensely vivid mental image of a past traumatic experience: “Another study shows that women who served in Vietnam still struggle with depression, anxiety, and painful flashbacks from the war” (New York Times).