Scrabble word: FINISH
In which Scrabble dictionary does FINISH exist?
Definitions of FINISH in dictionaries:
- noun - a decorative texture or appearance of a surface (or the substance that gives it that appearance)
- noun - the temporal end
- noun - a highly developed state of perfection
- noun - the place designated as the end (as of a race or journey)
- noun - designated event that concludes a contest (especially a race)
- noun - the downfall of someone (as of persons on one side of a conflict)
- noun - event whose occurrence ends something
- noun - (wine tasting) the taste of a wine on the back of the tongue (as it is swallowed)
- noun - the act of finishing
- verb - come or bring to a finish or an end
- verb - finally be or do something
- verb - have an end, in a temporal, spatial, or quantitative sense
- verb - provide with a finish
- verb - finish eating all the food on one's plate or on the table
- verb - cause to finish a relationship with somebody
- To arrive at or attain the end of: finish a race.
- To bring to an end; terminate: finished cleaning the room.
- To consume all of; use up: finish a pie.
- To give (wood, for example) a desired or particular surface texture.
- To destroy; kill: finished the injured horse with a bullet.
- To bring about the ruin of: The stock market crash finished many speculators.
- To come to an end; stop.
- To reach the end of a task, course, or relationship.
- The reason for one’s ruin; downfall.
- The last treatment or coating of a surface: applied a shellac finish to the cabinet.
- The surface texture produced by such a treatment or coating.
- A material used in surfacing or finishing.
- Completeness, thoroughness, refinement, or smoothness of execution; polish.
- verb - to bring to an end