Scrabble word: EXPERIENCE
In which Scrabble dictionary does EXPERIENCE exist?
Definitions of EXPERIENCE in dictionaries:
- noun - the accumulation of knowledge or skill that results from direct participation in events or activities
- noun - the content of direct observation or participation in an event
- noun - an event as apprehended
- verb - go or live through
- verb - have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations
- verb - go through (mental or physical states or experiences)
- verb - undergo an emotional sensation or be in a particular state of mind
- verb - undergo
- The apprehension of an object, a thought, or an emotion through the senses or mind: a child’s first experience of snow.
- Active participation in events or activities, leading to the accumulation of knowledge or skill: a lesson taught by experience; a carpenter with experience in wall and roof repair.
- The knowledge or skill so derived.
- An event or a series of events participated in or lived through.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to encounter or partake of personally”: experience happiness; suffer a loss; sustained an injury; tasted freedom; has undergone a religious conversion.