Scrabble word: EXCUSE
Is EXCUSE valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of EXCUSE in dictionaries:
- noun - a defense of some offensive behavior or some failure to keep a promise etc.
- noun - a note explaining an absence
- noun - a poor example
- verb - accept an excuse for
- verb - grant exemption or release to
- verb - serve as a reason or cause or justification of
- verb - defend, explain, clear away, or make excuses for by reasoning
- verb - ask for permission to be released from an engagement
- verb - excuse, overlook, or make allowances for
- To explain (a fault or an offense) in the hope of being forgiven or understood: He arrived late and excused his tardiness in a flimsy manner.
- To seek to remove the blame from: She excused herself for being late.
- To grant pardon to; forgive: We quickly excused the latecomer.
- To serve as justification for: Brilliance does not excuse bad manners.
- To free, as from an obligation or duty; exempt: In my state, physicians and lawyers are excused from jury duty.
- To give permission to leave; release: The child ate quickly and asked to be excused.
- An explanation offered to justify or obtain forgiveness.
- A reason or grounds for excusing: Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law.
- The act of excusing.
- A note explaining an absence.
- An inferior example: a poor excuse for a poet; a sorry excuse for a car.
- verb - to apologize for
There are 6 letters in EXCUSE: C E E S U X
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to EXCUSE
Click to search all anagrams of EXCUSE plus a wildcard: EXCUSE?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word EXCUSE
Images for EXCUSE
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.