Scrabble word: EFFECTOR
In which Scrabble dictionary does EFFECTOR exist?
Definitions of EFFECTOR in dictionaries:
- noun - one who brings about a result or event
- noun - a nerve fiber that terminates on a muscle or gland and stimulates contraction or secretion
- noun - an organ (a gland or muscle) that becomes active in response to nerve impulses
- A muscle, a gland, or an organ capable of responding to a stimulus, especially a nerve impulse.
- A nerve ending that carries impulses to a muscle, a gland, or an organ and activates muscle contraction or glandular secretion.
- A small molecule that when bound to the allosteric site of an enzyme causes either a decrease or an increase in the activity of the enzyme.
- A device used to produce a desired change in an object in response to input.
- noun - a bodily organ that responds to a nerve impulse