Scrabble word: DUMMY
In which Scrabble dictionary does DUMMY exist?
Definitions of DUMMY in dictionaries:
- noun - a person who does not talk
- noun - an ignorant or foolish person
- noun - a figure representing the human form
- noun - a cartridge containing an explosive charge but no bullet
- verb - make a dummy of
- adj - having the appearance of being real but lacking capacity to function
- An imitation of a real or original object, intended to be used as a practical substitute.
- A mannequin used in displaying clothes.
- A figure of a person or an animal manipulated by a ventriloquist.
- A stuffed or pasteboard figure used as a target.
- A heavy stuffed cylindrical bag used for blocking and tackling practice.
- A person regarded as stupid.
- A silent or taciturn person.
- A person or an agency secretly in the service of another.
- One of a set of model pages with text and illustrations pasted into place to direct the printer.
- A set of bound blank pages used as a model to show the size and general appearance of a book being published.
- The partner in bridge who exposes his or her hand to be played by the declarer.
- The hand thus exposed.
- A character or other piece of information entered into a computer only to meet prescribed conditions, such as word length, and having no effect on operations.
- Simulating or replacing something but lacking its function: a dummy pocket.
- Serving as a front or cover for another: a dummy corporation.
- Played with a dummy.
- Entered or provided only to meet prescribed conditions: a dummy variable.
- verb - to make a representation of