Scrabble word: DISSOLVE
In which Scrabble dictionary does DISSOLVE exist?
Definitions of DISSOLVE in dictionaries:
- noun - (film) a gradual transition from one scene to the next
- verb - become weaker
- verb - cause to go into a solution
- verb - come to an end
- verb - stop functioning or cohering as a unit
- verb - cause to lose control emotionally
- verb - lose control emotionally
- verb - cause to fade away
- verb - pass into a solution
- verb - become or cause to become soft or liquid
- verb - bring the association of to an end or cause to break up
- verb - declare void
- To cause to pass into solution: dissolve salt in water.
- To reduce (solid matter) to liquid form; melt.
- To cause to disappear or vanish; dispel.
- To break into component parts; disintegrate.
- To bring to an end by or as if by breaking up; terminate.
- To dismiss (a legislative body, for example): dissolved parliament and called for new elections.
- To cause to break down emotionally or psychologically; upset.
- To cause to lose definition; blur; confuse: “Morality has finally been dissolved in pity” (Leslie Fiedler).
- To annul; abrogate.
- To pass into solution.
- To become liquid; melt.
- To break up or disperse.
- To become disintegrated; disappear.
- To be overcome emotionally or psychologically: I dissolved into helpless laughter.
- To lose clarity or definition; fade away.
- A scene transition in a motion-picture film or videotape made by fading out one scene while the next scene grows clearer.
- verb - to make into a solution