Scrabble word: DISPLACEMENT
In which Scrabble dictionary does DISPLACEMENT exist?
Definitions of DISPLACEMENT in dictionaries:
- noun - act of taking the place of another especially using underhanded tactics
- noun - an event in which something is displaced without rotation
- noun - the act of uniform movement
- noun - (chemistry) a reaction in which an elementary substance displaces and sets free a constituent element from a compound
- noun - (psychiatry) a defense mechanism that transfers affect or reaction from the original object to some more acceptable one
- noun - to move something from its natural environment
- noun - act of removing from office or employment
- The act of displacing.
- The condition of having been displaced.
- A reaction in which an atom, a radical, or a molecule replaces another in a compound.
- The weight or volume of a fluid displaced by a floating body, used especially as a measurement of the weight or bulk of ships.
- A vector or the magnitude of a vector from the initial position to a subsequent position assumed by a body.
- The relative movement between the two sides of a fault.
- The distance between the two sides of a fault.
- A defense mechanism in which there is an unconscious shift of emotions, affect, or desires from the original object to a more acceptable or immediate substitute.