Scrabble word: DIERESIS
Is DIERESIS valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of DIERESIS in dictionaries:
- noun - a diacritical mark (two dots) placed over a vowel in German to indicate a change in sound
- A mark (¨) placed over the second of two adjacent vowels to indicate that they are to be pronounced as separate sounds rather than a dipthong, as in nave.
- A mark (¨) placed over a vowel, such as the final vowel in Bront, to indicate that the vowel is not silent.
- A break or pause in a line of verse that occurs when the end of a word and the end of a metric foot coincide.
- adj - the separation of two vowels into two syllables [n DIERESES] : DIERETIC
There are 8 letters in DIERESIS: D E E I I R S S
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to DIERESIS
Click to search all anagrams of DIERESIS plus a wildcard: DIERESIS?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word DIERESIS
8 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for DIERESIS
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.