Scrabble word: DIALECTIC
In which Scrabble dictionary does DIALECTIC exist?
Definitions of DIALECTIC in dictionaries:
- noun - any formal system of reasoning that arrives at the truth by the exchange of logical arguments
- noun - a contradiction of ideas that serves as the determining factor in their interaction
- adj - of or relating to or employing dialectic
- The art or practice of arriving at the truth by the exchange of logical arguments.
- The process especially associated with Hegel of arriving at the truth by stating a thesis, developing a contradictory antithesis, and combining and resolving them into a coherent synthesis.
- Hegel’s critical method for the investigation of this process.
- The Marxian process of change through the conflict of opposing forces, whereby a given contradiction is characterized by a primary and a secondary aspect, the secondary succumbing to the primary, which is then transformed into an aspect of a new contradiction.
- A method of argument or exposition that systematically weighs contradictory facts or ideas with a view to the resolution of their real or apparent contradictions.
- The contradiction between two conflicting forces viewed as the determining factor in their continuing interaction.