Scrabble word: DEPUTY
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEPUTY exist?
Definitions of DEPUTY in dictionaries:
- noun - someone authorized to exercise the powers of sheriff in emergencies
- noun - an assistant with power to act when his superior is absent
- noun - a member of the lower chamber of a legislative assembly (such as in France)
- noun - a person appointed to represent or act on behalf of others
- A person appointed or empowered to act for another.
- An assistant exercising full authority in the absence of his or her superior and equal authority in emergencies: a deputy to the sheriff.
- A representative in a legislative body in certain countries.
- noun - one appointed to act for another