Scrabble word: DEPENDENT
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEPENDENT exist?
Definitions of DEPENDENT in dictionaries:
- noun - a person who relies on another person for support (especially financial support)
- adj - relying on or requiring a person or thing for support, supply, or what is needed
- adj - contingent on something else
- adj - (of a clause) unable to stand alone syntactically as a complete sentence
- adj - held from above
- adj - being under the power or sovereignty of another or others
- adj - addicted to a drug
- Contingent on another.
- Relying on or requiring the aid of another for support: dependent children.
- The central meaning shared by these adjectives is “determined or to be determined by something else”: a water supply dependent on adequate rainfall; conditional acceptance of the apology; assistance contingent on continuing need; the importance of a discovery as relative to its usefulness; promotion subject to merit.