Scrabble word: DEADENING
In which Scrabble dictionary does DEADENING exist?
Definitions of DEADENING in dictionaries:
- noun - the act of making something futile and useless (as by routine)
- verb - make vague or obscure or make (an image) less visible
- verb - cut a girdle around so as to kill by interrupting the circulation of water and nutrients
- verb - make vapid or deprive of spirit
- verb - lessen the momentum or velocity of
- verb - become lifeless, less lively, intense, or active
- verb - make less lively, intense, or vigorous
- verb - convert (metallic mercury) into a grey powder consisting of minute globules, as by shaking with chalk or fatty oil
- adj - so lacking in interest as to cause mental weariness
- Material used for soundproofing.