Scrabble word: COUNCIL
In which Scrabble dictionary does COUNCIL exist?
Definitions of COUNCIL in dictionaries:
- noun - a body serving in an administrative capacity
- noun - (Christianity) an assembly of theologians and bishops and other representatives of different churches or dioceses that is convened to regulate matters of discipline or doctrine
- noun - a meeting of people for consultation
- An assembly of persons called together for consultation, deliberation, or discussion.
- A body of people elected or appointed to serve in an administrative, legislative, or advisory capacity.
- An assembly of church officials and theologians convened for regulating matters of doctrine and discipline.
- Often used to modify another noun: a council chamber; the council table.
- noun - a group of persons appointed for a certain function