Scrabble word: CONVENTION
In which Scrabble dictionary does CONVENTION exist?
Definitions of CONVENTION in dictionaries:
- noun - a large formal assembly
- noun - something regarded as a normative example
- noun - (diplomacy) an international agreement
- noun - orthodoxy as a consequence of being conventional
- noun - the act of convening
- A formal meeting of members, representatives, or delegates, as of a political party, fraternal society, profession, or industry.
- The body of persons attending such an assembly: called the convention to order.
- An agreement between states, sides, or military forces, especially an international agreement dealing with a specific subject, such as the treatment of prisoners of war.
- General agreement on or acceptance of certain practices or attitudes: By convention, north is at the top of most maps.
- A practice or procedure widely observed in a group, especially to facilitate social interaction; a custom: the convention of shaking hands.
- A widely used and accepted device or technique, as in drama, literature, or painting: the theatrical convention of the aside.