Scrabble word: COMPASS
In which Scrabble dictionary does COMPASS exist?
Definitions of COMPASS in dictionaries:
- noun - navigational instrument for finding directions
- noun - an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control: "the range of a supersonic jet"
- noun - the limit of capability
- noun - drafting instrument used for drawing circles
- verb - bring about
- verb - travel around, either by plane or ship
- verb - get the meaning of something
- A device used to determine geographic direction, usually consisting of a magnetic needle or needles horizontally mounted or suspended and free to pivot until aligned with the magnetic field of Earth.
- Another device, such as a radio compass or a gyrocompass, used for determining geographic direction.
- A V-shaped device for describing circles or circular arcs and for taking measurements, consisting of a pair of rigid, endhinged legs, one of which is equipped with a pen, pencil, or other marker and the other with a sharp point providing a pivot about which the drawing leg is turned.
- See Synonyms at circumference.
- A restricted space or area: four huge crates within the compass of the elevator.
- Range or scope, as of understanding, perception, or authority: “Lacking a coherent intellectual and moral commitment, [he] was forced to find his compass in personal experience” (Doris Kearns Goodwin).
- To make a circuit of; circle: The sailboat compassed the island.
- To surround; encircle.
- To understand; comprehend.
- To succeed in carrying out; accomplish.
- To scheme; plot.
- Forming a curved configuration.
- verb - to go around
There are 7 letters in COMPASS: A C M O P S S
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word COMPASS plus a wildcard: COMPASS?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word COMPASS
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for COMPASS
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.