Scrabble word: COMMUTATION
In which Scrabble dictionary does COMMUTATION exist?
Definitions of COMMUTATION in dictionaries:
- noun - the travel of a commuter
- noun - a warrant substituting a lesser punishment for a greater one
- noun - (law) the reduction in severity of a punishment imposed by law
- noun - the act of putting one thing or person in the place of another: "he sent Smith in for Jones but the substitution came too late to help"
- A substitution, an exchange, or an interchange.
- The substitution of one kind of payment for another.
- The payment substituted.
- The travel of a commuter.
- Conversion of alternating to unidirectional current.
- Reversal of current direction.
- Reduction of a penalty to a less severe one.