Scrabble word: COMMITMENT
In which Scrabble dictionary does COMMITMENT exist?
Definitions of COMMITMENT in dictionaries:
- noun - the trait of sincere and steadfast fixity of purpose
- noun - the act of binding yourself (intellectually or emotionally) to a course of action
- noun - an engagement by contract involving financial obligation
- noun - a message that makes a pledge
- noun - the official act of consigning a person to confinement (as in a prison or mental hospital)
- The act of referring a legislative bill to committee.
- Official consignment, as to a prison or mental health facility.
- A court order authorizing consignment to a prison.
- A pledge to do.
- Something pledged, especially an engagement by contract involving financial obligation.
- The state of being bound emotionally or intellectually to a course of action or to another person or persons: a deep commitment to liberal policies; a profound commitment to the family.