Scrabble word: COMFORT
In which Scrabble dictionary does COMFORT exist?
Definitions of COMFORT in dictionaries:
- noun - a state of being relaxed and feeling no pain
- noun - a feeling of freedom from worry or disappointment
- noun - the act of consoling
- noun - a freedom from financial difficulty that promotes a comfortable state
- noun - satisfaction or physical well-being provided by a person or thing
- noun - bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together
- noun - assistance, such as that provided to an enemy or to a known criminal
- verb - give moral or emotional strength to
- verb - lessen pain or discomfort
- To soothe in time of affliction or distress.
- To ease physically; relieve.
- A condition or feeling of pleasurable ease, well-being, and contentment.
- Solace in time of grief or fear.
- Help; assistance: gave comfort to the enemy.
- One that brings or provides comfort.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to give hope or help to in time of grief or pain”: comforted the distressed child; consoling a woman on the death of her husband; solaced myself with a hot cup of coffee.
- verb - to soothe in time of grief