Scrabble word: COMFORT
In which Scrabble dictionary does COMFORT exist?
Definitions of COMFORT in dictionaries:
- noun - a state of being relaxed and feeling no pain
- noun - a feeling of freedom from worry or disappointment
- noun - the act of consoling
- noun - a freedom from financial difficulty that promotes a comfortable state
- noun - satisfaction or physical well-being provided by a person or thing
- noun - bedding made of two layers of cloth filled with stuffing and stitched together
- noun - assistance, such as that provided to an enemy or to a known criminal
- verb - give moral or emotional strength to
- verb - lessen pain or discomfort
- To soothe in time of affliction or distress.
- To ease physically; relieve.
- A condition or feeling of pleasurable ease, well-being, and contentment.
- Solace in time of grief or fear.
- Help; assistance: gave comfort to the enemy.
- One that brings or provides comfort.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to give hope or help to in time of grief or pain”: comforted the distressed child; consoling a woman on the death of her husband; solaced myself with a hot cup of coffee.
- verb - to soothe in time of grief
There are 7 letters in COMFORT: C F M O O R T
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to COMFORT
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word COMFORT plus a wildcard: COMFORT?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word COMFORT
Images for COMFORT
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.