Scrabble word: CHALLENGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does CHALLENGE exist?
Definitions of CHALLENGE in dictionaries:
- noun - a demanding or stimulating situation
- noun - a call to engage in a contest or fight
- noun - questioning a statement and demanding an explanation
- noun - a formal objection to the selection of a particular person as a juror
- noun - a demand by a sentry for a password or identification
- verb - take exception to
- verb - issue a challenge to
- verb - ask for identification
- verb - raise a formal objection in a court of law
- A call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition: a challenge to a duel.
- An act or statement of defiance; a call to confrontation: a challenge to the government’s authority.
- A demand for explanation or justification; a calling into question: a challenge to a theory.
- A sentry’s call to an unknown party for proper identification.
- A test of one’s abilities or resources in a demanding but stimulating undertaking: a career that offers a challenge.
- A claim that a vote is invalid or that a voter is unqualified.
- A formal objection to the inclusion of a prospective juror in a jury.
- To call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition: challenged me to a game of chess.
- To take exception to; call into question; dispute: a book that challenges established beliefs.
- To order to halt and be identified, as by a sentry.
- To take formal objection to (a prospective juror).
- To question the qualifications of (a voter) or validity of (a vote).
- To have due claim to; call for: events that challenge our attention.
- To summon to action, effort, or use; stimulate: a problem that challenges the imagination.
- To induce or evaluate an immune response in (an organism) by administering a specific antigen to which it has been sensitized.
- To make or give voice to a challenge.
- To begin barking upon picking up the scent.