Scrabble word: CATALYST
In which Scrabble dictionary does CATALYST exist?
Definitions of CATALYST in dictionaries:
- noun - (chemistry) a substance that initiates or accelerates a chemical reaction without itself being affected
- noun - something that causes an important event to happen
- A substance, usually used in small amounts relative to the reactants, that modifies and increases the rate of a reaction without being consumed in the process.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “an agent that stimulates or precipitates a reaction, development, or change”: a serious breach of trust that was the catalyst for the divorce; love, the most powerful ferment; the leaven of reform working in their minds; a leavening of humor; the yeast of revolution.
- noun - a substance that accelerates a chemical reaction