Scrabble word: CANVAS
In which Scrabble dictionary does CANVAS exist?
Definitions of CANVAS in dictionaries:
- noun - a heavy, closely woven fabric (used for clothing or chairs or sails or tents)
- noun - an oil painting on canvas fabric
- noun - the setting for a narrative or fictional or dramatic account
- noun - a tent made of canvas fabric
- noun - a large piece of fabric (usually canvas fabric) by means of which wind is used to propel a sailing vessel
- noun - the mat that forms the floor of the ring in which boxers or professional wrestlers compete
- verb - solicit votes from potential voters in an electoral campaign
- verb - get the opinions (of people) by asking specific questions
- verb - cover with canvas
- verb - consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning
- A heavy, coarse, closely woven fabric of cotton, hemp, or flax, used for tents and sails.
- A piece of such fabric on which a painting, especially an oil painting, is executed.
- A painting executed on such fabric.
- A fabric of coarse open weave, used as a foundation for needlework.
- The background against which events unfold, as in a historical narrative: a grim portrait of despair against the bright canvas of the postwar economy.
- A sail or set of sails.
- A tent or group of tents.
- A circus tent.
- The floor of a ring in which boxing or wrestling takes place.
- With sails spread.
- In a tent or tents.
- verb - to examine thoroughly