Scrabble word: CALCULATE
In which Scrabble dictionary does CALCULATE exist?
Definitions of CALCULATE in dictionaries:
- verb - make a mathematical calculation or computation
- verb - judge to be probable
- verb - keep an account of
- verb - predict in advance
- verb - specifically design a product, event, or activity for a certain public
- verb - have faith or confidence in
- To ascertain by computation; reckon: calculating the area of a circle; calculated their probable time of arrival.
- To make an estimate of; evaluate: calculating the team’s chances of winning.
- To make for a deliberate purpose; design: a sturdy car that is calculated to last for years; a choice that was calculated to please.
- Also cal’late (k4lù7t, -l7t).
- To suppose: “I cal’late she’s a right smart cook” (Dialect Notes).
- To plan, intend, or count on.
- To perform a mathematical process; figure: We must measure and calculate to determine how much paint will be needed.
- To predict consequences.
- To suppose; guess.
- These verbs refer to the determination of a result, such as expense, through the use of mathematical methods.