Scrabble word: BYPASS
In which Scrabble dictionary does BYPASS exist?
Definitions of BYPASS in dictionaries:
- noun - a highway that encircles an urban area so that traffic does not have to pass through the center
- noun - a surgically created shunt (usually around a damaged part)
- noun - a conductor having low resistance in parallel with another device to divert a fraction of the current
- verb - avoid something unpleasant or laborious
- A highway that passes around or to one side of an obstructed or congested area.
- A pipe or channel used to conduct gas or liquid around another pipe or a fixture.
- A means of circumvention.
- An alternative passage created surgically to divert the flow of blood or other bodily fluid or circumvent an obstructed or diseased organ.
- A surgical procedure to create such a channel: a coronary artery bypass; a gastric bypass.
- To avoid (an obstacle) by using an alternative channel, passage, or route.
- To be heedless of; ignore: bypassed standard office procedures.
- To channel (piped liquid, for example) through a bypass.
- verb - to avoid by going around