Scrabble word: BURLESQUE
In which Scrabble dictionary does BURLESQUE exist?
Definitions of BURLESQUE in dictionaries:
- noun - a theatrical entertainment of broad and earthy humor
- noun - a composition that imitates or misrepresents somebody's style, usually in a humorous way
- verb - make a parody of
- adj - relating to or characteristic of a burlesque
- A literary or dramatic work that makes a subject appear ridiculous by treating it in an incongruous way, as by presenting a lofty subject with vulgarity or an inconsequential one with mock dignity.
- A ludicrous or mocking imitation; a travesty: The antics of the defense attorneys turned the trial into a burlesque of justice.
- To imitate mockingly or humorously: “always bringing junk... home, as if he were burlesquing his role as provider” (John Updike).