Scrabble word: BUFFER
In which Scrabble dictionary does BUFFER exist?
Definitions of BUFFER in dictionaries:
- noun - (chemistry) an ionic compound that resists changes in its pH
- noun - a neutral zone between two rival powers that is created in order to diminish the danger of conflict
- noun - an inclined metal frame at the front of a locomotive to clear the track
- noun - (computer science) a part of RAM used for temporary storage of data that is waiting to be sent to a device
- noun - a power tool used to buff surfaces
- noun - a cushion-like device that reduces shock due to an impact
- noun - an implement consisting of soft material mounted on a block
- verb - add a buffer (a solution)
- verb - protect from impact
- adj - of the yellowish-beige color of buff leather
- One that buffs, especially a piece of soft leather or cloth used to shine or polish.
- A buffing wheel.
- Something that lessens or absorbs the shock of an impact.
- One that protects by intercepting or moderating adverse pressures or influences: “A sense of humor... may have served as a buffer against the... shocks of disappointment” (James Russell Lowell).
- Something that separates potentially antagonistic entities, as an area between two rival powers that serves to lessen the danger of conflict.
- A substance that minimizes change in the acidity of a solution when an acid or base is added to the solution.
- A device or area used to store data temporarily and deliver it at a rate different from that at which it was received.
- To act as a buffer for or between.
- To treat (a solution) with a buffer.
- verb - to pad with soft material
There are 6 letters in BUFFER: B E F F R U
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BUFFER
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BUFFER plus a wildcard: BUFFER?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BUFFER
Images for BUFFER
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.