Scrabble word: BUFFALO
In which Scrabble dictionary does BUFFALO exist?
Definitions of BUFFALO in dictionaries:
- noun - large shaggy-haired brown bison of North American plains
- noun - a city on Lake Erie in western New York (near Niagara Falls)
- noun - meat from an American bison
- noun - any of several Old World animals resembling oxen including, e.g., water buffalo
- verb - intimidate or overawe
- Any of several oxlike Old World mammals of the family Bovidae, such as the water buffalo and Cape buffalo.
- The North American bison, Bison bison.
- The buffalo fish.
- To intimidate, as by a display of confidence or authority: “The board couldn’t buffalo the federal courts as it had the Comptroller” (American Banker).
- To deceive; hoodwink: “Too often... job seekers have buffaloed lenders as to their competency and training” (H.
- In fact, however, buffalo can probably be traced back by way of one or more of the Romance languages, such as Portuguese, Spanish, or Italian, through Vulgar Latin and Latin and ultimately to the Greek word boubalos, meaning “an antelope or a buffalo.
- noun - an ox-like animal