Scrabble word: BROKEN
In which Scrabble dictionary does BROKEN exist?
Definitions of BROKEN in dictionaries:
- noun - some abrupt occurrence that interrupts an ongoing activity
- noun - an unexpected piece of good luck
- noun - (geology) a crack in the earth's crust resulting from the displacement of one side with respect to the other
- noun - a personal or social separation (as between opposing factions)
- noun - a pause from doing something (as work)
- noun - the act of breaking something
- noun - a time interval during which there is a temporary cessation of something
- noun - breaking of hard tissue such as bone
- noun - the occurrence of breaking
- noun - an abrupt change in the tone or register of the voice (as at puberty or due to emotion)
- noun - the opening shot that scatters the balls in billiards or pool
- noun - (tennis) a score consisting of winning a game when your opponent was serving
- noun - an act of delaying or interrupting the continuity
- noun - a sudden dash
- noun - any frame in which a bowler fails to make a strike or spare
- noun - an escape from jail
- adj - physically and forcibly separated into pieces or cracked or split
- adj - not continuous in space, time, or sequence or varying abruptly
- adj - subdued or brought low in condition or status
- adj - (especially of promises or contracts) having been violated or disregarded
- adj - tamed or trained to obey
- adj - topographically very uneven
- adj - imperfectly spoken or written
- adj - thrown into a state of disarray or confusion
- adj - weakened and infirm
- adj - destroyed financially
- adj - out of working order (`busted' is an informal substitute for `broken')
- adj - discontinuous
- adj - lacking a part or parts
- Forcibly separated into two or more pieces; fractured: a broken arm; broken glass.
- Sundered by divorce, separation, or desertion of a parent or parents: children from broken homes; a broken marriage.
- Having been violated: a broken promise.
- Incomplete: a broken set of books.
- Being in a state of disarray; disordered: troops fleeing in broken ranks.
- Intermittently stopping and starting; discontinuous: a broken cable transmission.
- Varying abruptly, as in pitch: broken sobs.
- Spoken with gaps and errors: broken English.
- Topographically rough; uneven: broken terrain.
- Subdued totally; humbled: a broken spirit.
- Weakened and infirm: broken health.
- Crushed by grief: died of a broken heart.
- Financially ruined; bankrupt.
- Not functioning; out of order: a broken washing machine.
- adv - shattered [adj] : BROKENLY
There are 6 letters in BROKEN: B E K N O R
Scrabble words that can be created with an extra letter added to BROKEN
All anagrams that could be made from letters of word BROKEN plus a wildcard: BROKEN?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word BROKEN
Images for BROKEN
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.