Scrabble word: BARRATRY
In which Scrabble dictionary does BARRATRY exist?
Definitions of BARRATRY in dictionaries:
- noun - traffic in ecclesiastical offices or preferments
- noun - the crime of a judge whose judgment is influenced by bribery
- noun - (maritime law) a fraudulent breach of duty by the master of a ship that injures the owner of the ship or its cargo
- noun - the offense of vexatiously persisting in inciting lawsuits and quarrels
- The offense of persistently instigating lawsuits, typically groundless ones.
- An unlawful breach of duty on the part of a ship’s master or crew resulting in injury to the ship’s owner: “Gross misconduct of the officers is... barratry” (Tom Clancy).
- Sale or purchase of positions in church or state.
- noun - fraud committed by a master or crew of a ship