Scrabble word: AVERAGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does AVERAGE exist?
Definitions of AVERAGE in dictionaries:
- noun - a statistic describing the location of a distribution
- noun - (sports) the ratio of successful performances to opportunities
- noun - an intermediate scale value regarded as normal or usual
- verb - amount to or come to an average, without loss or gain
- verb - achieve or reach on average
- verb - compute the average of
- adj - approximating the statistical norm or average or expected value
- adj - lacking special distinction, rank, or status
- adj - lacking exceptional quality or ability
- adj - around the middle of a scale of evaluation
- adj - relating to or constituting the most frequent value in a distribution
- adj - relating to or constituting the middle value of an ordered set of values (or the average of the middle two in a set with an even number of values)
- A number that typifies a set of numbers of which it is a function.
- See arithmetic mean.
- An intermediate level or degree: near the average in size.
- The usual or ordinary kind or quality: Although the wines vary, the average is quite good.
- The ratio of a team’s or player’s successful performances such as wins, hits, or goals, divided by total opportunities for successful performance, such as games, times at bat, or shots: finished the season with a.
- The loss of a ship or cargo, caused by damage at sea.
- The incurrence of damage or loss of a ship or a cargo at sea.
- The equitable distribution of such a loss among concerned parties.
- A charge incurred through such a loss.
- Small expenses or charges that are usually paid by the master of a ship.
- Of, relating to, or constituting an average.
- Being intermediate between extremes, as on a scale: a player of average ability.
- Usual or ordinary in kind or character: a poll of average people; average eyesight.
- Assessed in accordance with the laws of average.
- To calculate the average of: average a set of numbers.
- To do or have an average of: averaged three hours of work a day.
- To distribute proportionately: average one’s income over four years so as to minimize the tax rate.
- To be or amount to an average: Some sparrows are six inches long, but they average smaller.
- To buy or sell more goods or shares to obtain more than an average price.
- verb - to calculate the arithmetic mean of