Scrabble word: AUTHORITY
Is AUTHORITY valid for Scrabble? Check every word game dictionary!
Definitions of AUTHORITY in dictionaries:
- noun - the power or right to give orders or make decisions
- noun - (usually plural) persons who exercise (administrative) control over others
- noun - an expert whose views are taken as definitive
- noun - freedom from doubt
- noun - an administrative unit of government
- noun - official permission or approval
- noun - an authoritative written work
- The power to enforce laws, exact obedience, command, determine, or judge.
- One that is invested with this power, especially a government or government officials: land titles issued by the civil authority.
- Power assigned to another; authorization: Deputies were given authority to make arrests.
- A public agency or corporation with administrative powers in a specified field: a city transit authority.
- An accepted source of expert information or advice: a noted authority on birds; a reference book often cited as an authority.
- A quotation or citation from such a source: biblical authorities for a moral argument.
- A conclusive statement or decision that may be taken as a guide or precedent.
- Power to influence or persuade resulting from knowledge or experience: political observers who acquire authority with age.
- Confidence derived from experience or practice; firm self-assurance: played the sonata with authority.
There are 9 letters in AUTHORITY: A H I O R T T U Y
Click to search all anagrams of AUTHORITY plus a wildcard: AUTHORITY?
Scrabble words that can be created with letters from word AUTHORITY
9 letter words
7 letter words
6 letter words
5 letter words
4 letter words
3 letter words
2 letter words
Images for AUTHORITY
Lookup in Wiki for AUTHORITY
SCRABBLE is the registered trademark of Hasbro and J.W. Spear & Sons Limited. Our scrabble word finder and scrabble cheat word builder is not associated with the Scrabble brand - we merely provide help for players of the official Scrabble game. All intellectual property rights to the game are owned by respective owners in the U.S.A and Canada and the rest of the world. Anagrammer.com is not affiliated with Scrabble. This site is an educational tool and resource for Scrabble & Words With Friends players.