Scrabble word: ARRANGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ARRANGE exist?
Definitions of ARRANGE in dictionaries:
- verb - put into a proper or systematic order
- verb - make arrangements for
- verb - plan, organize, and carry out (an event)
- verb - set (printed matter) into a specific format
- verb - arrange attractively
- verb - adapt for performance in a different way
- verb - arrange thoughts, ideas, temporal events
- To put into a specific order or relation; dispose: arrange shoes in a neat row.
- To plan or prepare for: arrange a picnic.
- To bring about an agreement concerning; settle: “It has been arranged for him by his family to marry a girl of his own class” (Edmund Wilson).
- To reset (a composition) for other instruments or voices or for another style of performance.
- To come to an agreement.
- The central meaning shared by these verbs is “to distribute or dispose persons or things properly or methodically”: arranging figures in numerical sequence; marshal all the relevant facts for the presentation; tried to order my chaotic life; organizing and coordinating fund-raising efforts; sorted the sweaters according to color; systematizing a vast assortment of rules into a cohesive whole.
- verb - to put in definite or proper order