Scrabble word: APOLOGY
In which Scrabble dictionary does APOLOGY exist?
Definitions of APOLOGY in dictionaries:
- noun - an expression of regret at having caused trouble for someone
- noun - a formal written defense of something you believe in strongly
- noun - a poor example
- An acknowledgment expressing regret or asking pardon for a fault or offense.
- A formal justification or defense.
- An explanation or excuse: “The consequence of those measures will be the best apology for my conduct” (Daniel Defoe).
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “a statement that justifies or defends something, such as a past action or a policy”: a report that is an apology for capital punishment; an apologetic for fascism; a version of the story that is an apologia for malfeasance; offered a defense based on ignorance of the circumstances; an intellectually untenable justification for police brutality.
- noun - an expression of regret for some error or offense