Scrabble word: ALVEOLAR
In which Scrabble dictionary does ALVEOLAR exist?
Definitions of ALVEOLAR in dictionaries:
- noun - a consonant articulated with the tip of the tongue near the gum ridge
- adj - pertaining to the tiny air sacs of the lungs
- adj - pertaining to the sockets of the teeth or that part of the upper jaw
- Of or relating to an alveolus.
- Relating to the jaw section containing the tooth sockets: the alveolar ridge.
- Relating to the alveoli of the lungs.
- Formed with the tip of the tongue touching or near the inner ridge of the gums of the upper front teeth, as the English t, d, and s.
- noun - a sound produced with the tongue touching a place just behind the front teeth