Scrabble word: ADVANTAGE
In which Scrabble dictionary does ADVANTAGE exist?
Definitions of ADVANTAGE in dictionaries:
- noun - the quality of having a superior or more favorable position
- noun - (tennis) first point scored after deuce
- noun - benefit resulting from some event or action
- verb - give an advantage to
- A beneficial factor or combination of factors.
- Benefit or profit; gain: It is to your advantage to invest wisely.
- A relatively favorable position; superiority of means: A better education gave us the advantage.
- The first point scored in tennis after deuce.
- The resulting score.
- To put to good use; avail oneself of: take advantage of all educational opportunities.
- The central meaning shared by these nouns is “a factor or combination of factors conducive to superiority and success”: has the advantage of a superior education; a manufacturing edge given by sophisticated technology; a golfing champion with a handicap of 2; odds overwhelmingly in our favor.